Applications, Eligibility and Policies
As a Boys State attendee, you will be expected to agree and follow the below policies. Upon completion of your registration, a written form containing these agreements will be sent to you to print and sign.
Eligibility Requirements and How to Apply
To apply for admission to the American Legion Utah Boys State (ALUBS) Program, Class of 2021, you must:
- Have completed your junior year (11th grade) and be eligible for attendance at least one semester as a High School Senior
- Have an academic rating of 2.0 GPA or higher
- Maintain good citizenship within your community
- Agree to abide by all of the rules of the ALUBS program and those of Weber State University.
- Agree to full curriculum participation.
- Complete and forward the application (including the $150 fee) no later than May 15th 2021, mailed directly to:
Submission of the application:
(1) Registers the student as an ALUBS Class of 2021 student citizen; and (2) provides for the student to receive three (3) semester credit hours of Political Sciences college credit. All course material for the college credit is provided as part of the ALUBS curriculum, and credits received from Weber State University upon completion are transferable to other universities. The student will receive three semester hours of credit only upon satisfactory completion of the American Legions Utah Boys State program.
The application must be completed, signed by the applicant, his parents/guardians, and school officials. The applicant should then conduct an interview with a local American Legion Post. The application is then sent to the American Legion Utah Boys State Administrative Coordinator for confirmation to attend American Legion Utah Boys State, Class of 2021. An enrollment fee of $150 is to be submitted with the application no later than May 15th 2021. A list of Utah’s American Legion Posts and their addresses can be found using this link.
Requirements for Boys State Participants to Receive WSU Credit
In order to earn POLS 2920 credit, you will need to complete and/or participate in all of the stated requirements below:
- Participate in activities as an ALUBS citizen
- Vote in all ALUBS elections
- Maintain standards of honesty, integrity, and abide by ALUBS and WSU regulations
Please Read Carefully
I understand the Utah Boys State WSU Credit Program is in compliance with WSU policies and procedures. Accordingly, I am not a matriculated full-time Weber State University student as a result of my participation in the Utah Boy State WSU Credit Program. I understand that grades earned in the Boys State Program will be officially recorded on a WSU transcript. I may request credit be transferred to another institution, but acceptance of said credits will be at the prerogative of that institution. If I plan to attend WSU as a full-time matriculated student after high school, I may be required to submit additional admission information, ensure an admission fee has been paid, and submit updated high school transcripts to the WSU Admissions Office.
A participation fee of $150 is to be included with the application. The participation fee of $150 (checks made payable to American Legion Utah Boys State) covers all expenses for WSU registration, WSU-course curriculum material, student materials, student residence hall housing, meals, and associated ALUBS activities. Students are encouraged to seek funding assistance from local Chambers of Commerce, businesses, churches or other civic organizations. Some American Legion Posts may also assist with participation funding.