About American Legion Utah Boys State
The American Legion Utah Boys State Corporation is a non-profit entity made up of volunteers; veterans, police officers, and educators.
There are no paid employees, shareholders, or dividend disbursement.
The corporation functions under the umbrella of The American Legion Department of Utah.
In partnership with Weber State University's Political Science Department, the American Legion Utah Boys State program is a first-class, highly respected venue for the education of our youth.
Nationwide, the Boys State Program is among the most respected and selective summer youth educational programs for high school boys.
The purpose of The American Legion Utah Boys State Program is to introduce boys to the functional aspects of citizenship and social responsibility.
Provide annually a participatory, educational workshop of civics and government instruction for U.S. high school students, where students become part of the leadership and operation of city, county, and state government, and learn the functional aspects of citizenship.
1. To conduct a quality program which reflects the high standards of The American Legion Department of Utah and American Legion Utah Boys State.
2. To develop an understanding of popular sovereignty, civic leadership and pride in American citizenship.
3. To instill a sense of civic obligation and reverence for the many Americans that have sacrificed life, limb and liberty to ensure our freedoms.
4. To train objectively and focus on the structure of city, county, and state governments and provide leadership development.
5. To make American Legion Utah Boys State a positive learning experience which will help each young man grow as a person and be better educated as a citizen of Utah.
6. To treat each young adult attending with dignity & respect.
Partners in Learning
- Accucolor Digital Printing
- American Legion Department of Utah
- American Legion Utah Boys State Corporation
- American Legion Utah Boys State Foundation
- American Legion Post 27, Farmington, Utah
- Attorney General, State of Utah
- Carr Printing
- Charlie Arave Photography
- Clearfield City
- Crown Trophy
- Davis County
- Dr. L. Clifford Goff
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- General Distributing Company
- Granite School District Police Department
- Herriman City Police Department
- Liberty Press
- Layton City
- Lieutenant Governor, State of Utah
- National Insurance Crime Bureau
- Office of the United States Attorney, District of Utah
- Ogden City
- Olene S. Walker Institute of Politics & Public Service @Weber State University
- Ogden City Police Department
- Ray Quinney & Nebeker Law Firm
- Samsung Inc.
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office
- Unified Fire Authority of Greater Salt Lake
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Air Force JROTC
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Congress Representative Rob Bishop
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah Transit Authority Police Department
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
- Utah Army National Guard
- Utah Democratic Party
- Utah Military Academy
- Utah Republican Party
- Utah State District Courts
- Utah State Senate
- Weber County
- Weber County Attorney
- Weber State University
- Weber State University Department of Political Science
- Weber State University Recreation
- Wildcat Design and Print